There is a lot of it. Given the changes in federal regulations that were implemented after the housing bubble burst, we as mortgage lenders have to document EVERYTHING in order to stay compliant with these federal laws. Thus, when additional documentation is requested it is not because we want to make you work harder, it is required by law to have everything.
- If a document says “1 of 6” we will need all 6 pages of that document, even if it is blank.
- We always need consecutive documents, meaning if we need 2 months of bank statements, each day in those 2 months must be represented in the statements.
- If you are getting a gift from a relative to help with your down payment we will require a gift letter (which we will provide) and a bank statement from the donor to verify they have the funds available to give.
- Please upload your documentation through our web portal if possible. If you filled out your application online you already have an account with us and you can log in there and upload your documents. Click here to access the web portal.
Lists of required documentation are below...
- Most Recent 30 days of Paystubs from all jobs.
- Most recent 2 months of bank statements (full statements and all pages).
- 2014 & 2015 W-2s from all jobs.
- 2014 & 2015 Federal Tax Returns (all pages).
- Copy of Drive'rs License and Social Security card
- Bankruptcy discharge papers & copy of bankruptcy (all pages & all schedules).
- Foreclosure documentation (Sheriff Sale Deed).
- Divorce Decree (all pages).
- Copy of all child support orders (if paying or receiving).
- Social Security award letter.
- Pension or VA income award letter.
- Current 401k, IRA, or Investment account statement.
- Most recent mortgage statement.
- Home insurance policy information.
- Most recent property tax bill.
- Home equity account information (if applicable).
- Copy of certificate of eligibility.
- Copy of DD214.
- Award letter for disability pay (if applicable).
- Proof of BAH (if applicable).
- Proof of any additional military/VA pay.